Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Help


I thoroughly enjoyed The Help By Kathryn Stockett.
I was reading this book every chance I had. Mostly because it is quite a few pages and I needed to make sure I could finish it before May 4th, for the book club, but also because I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen with each character.
Each of the 3 characters that is followed through out the book have such strong personalities and qualities, it feels like you really know them. The descriptions of the houses and the weather are so detailed you can almost imagine being there.
Kathryn Stockett did a great job personifying the characters realistically that it felt like non-fiction, she really understood what was happening at that time in Jackson, Mississippi. She created a beautiful story.
I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read.

No comments: