Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Productive Weekend



So the Miranda concert was awesome!! Ross bought me this cute t-shirt in a light pink. White was sold out in my size, and they didn't have black. I would have gotten the black if they had it! The name of Miranda's tour is called Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars. It was fun! It was low key, no costume changes, no fancy set, just good, fun music, and two pink guitars!!


I finished reading the fifteenth book of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plumb book series. It was a quick and fun read as always! Grandma Mazur has to be my all time favorite character!! I wanted a fun read between my two book club reads because I don't always like to read serious stuff. These Stephanie Plumb books have me laughing out loud. I try to pace myself, so I always have one of her books to read if I need a good laugh. Luckily I still have to read number 16 and the 'between the numbers' novels!


I have started reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett for my book club. It is a long book, I will have to read it at every free moment in order to finish it by May 4th for our meeting, but I am loving it!! The book is told from 3 different points of view, 2 are from maids who work for white women in Mississippi in the 1960's and the 3rd point of view is from a white woman that wants to change things. I'm not very far into, a little over 100 pages (the book is almost 500 pages), but I am already loving the characters and can't wait to see where they take me!
I also got to walk through a house that Mike is looking at buying. I can't believe we are old enough to be home owners!! I hope it's everything he wants it to be!!

No comments: