Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Cookies

I recently purchased a new cook book for JoAnn Fabrics. It was in with the $5.00 books. I got Cool Girls Guide To Knitting and JoAnns for $5.00 and it was a great buy. Pretty basic patterns but perfect for a beginner. So based on that good find I thought this cook book would be decent too. It is all for baking, I love baking, not just desserts but all kinds of food, and this book features a variety of dishes. It's called Greatest Ever Baking or something. I decided to try a recipe and chose a basic cook it was called Vanilla Cookies. The recipe wasn't very detailed, I think the butter needed to be a little melted, softened was not soft enough, and all the instructions said were 2/3 cup butter diced. So when I decided my dough was never going to hold together I put it all in the microwave, all of it, and then tried to get it to stick together, it finally worked and I was able to roll it out and cut cookies out of it. This is what they looked like right out of the oven.


I tried one, not very good, so I found some frosting in the fridge and raided the pantry for decorations and Ross and I decorated cookies, Mike even got in on it as well. And this is what they looked like decorated. Much prettier, but still not too tasty.


I don't know what my problem has been lately, but nothing is turning out very well. My last 3 attempts were failures. I made a couple pumpkin pies...forgot the sugar...yup, eww. Next endeavor, we got a new cookie press from Pampered Chef, so I decided to try it out and found a recipe online that involved jello to make the cookies a little fruity...not good. We threw away almost the whole batch.

I started on Weight Watchers again and made some brownies that are only 2 points each. Those actually turned out, so that's good. The recipe is scary but easy. It is a box of low-fat brownie mix and a can of black beans. You put the entire contents of the can of beans in a blender and grind them up, add the puree to the dry brownie mix and that's it. I put mine in muffin tins and cupcake papers to get the suggested serving size on the box of brownies and baked them for 26 minutes. Amazing really, that a combination like that would even be thought up, but it's genius really at how good the brownies are!

No comments: