Monday, March 2, 2009

El Fin!

The End! I gave a presentation at church with Suzanne about our trip this Sunday, and while I had a great time in Honduras and have enjoyed being a part of Hands In Service, I am ready to be done. So this post will conclude my posts of my Honduras trip!

What I have left to post about is the actual project I went down to work on. It is a day care center called Santo Domingo Savio.

This is what the center looked like when we arrived.


This building was already built when we got there, we had to build a similar building adjacent to this one, in this area.


This is what the structure looked like when we finished.



Suzanne and I were in charge of painting the inside of the first building. Paul needed a break from the manual labor and joined us to paint. This is what the inside looked like before we painted.



This is what it looked like when we were finished. The colors are Lemon Curd and Sassy Lilac.



This is our entire team in front of what we built.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing the pictures of my trip. I hope to do more things like this in the future. I get asked all the time if I will go back. I would like to go back, but I'd also like to go other places and see other things. I will go back maybe in a a couple of years to see how things have progressed and changed since 2009.

No comments: